Category Archives: Cookery and Cookbooks
For us Women, Valentine’s Day is considered as one of the yearly event we look forward to. Common’ Ladies, admit it:)!
Sad as it may seem only few Men understand and consider this day to be a big day for us. If your significant other falls under the “it will pass” kind of Men personality then I guess you belong to those wives, girlfriends and partners who chose to celebrate “V” day the kind of “I did it my way”.
But seriously, don’t you think it’s about time to include it in your bucket list for a change? Wouldn’t it be nice to do something extra ordinary or special on this day being a couple?
Well, here’s a list of ordinary things you could do or spend time with your wife, girlfriends and partners without spending extravagant.
1. Take a shower or bath together. Have warm towels in the dryer. Prepare in advance sliced apples, bananas, cantalope, peaches, and kiwi fruit. Have a CD of love songs playing in the background. Blindfold your partner, let your valentine’s senses examine the tastes and textures. This will be a very memorable, romantic evening I can promise you.
2. Try Home Spa. Spa’s can be a bit pricey, but that doesn’t mean you both have to miss out on a bit of pampering. Make Valentine’s Day a night where the two of you really get to relax and enjoy each other in your own home. Get some bath lotions and take a hot bath together. Set up a massage area somewhere, and break out some massage oil. Some good romantic music in the midst of all of this, flower petals, and you’ll begin to wonder how spas ever became a legitimate business.
3. Home-cooked Meal. For Men who don’t cook, pretend to be the Master Chef for a day and prepare for a sumptuous meal. That’s because anyone who’s ever cooked before knows it’s a labor of love, and something that cannot be taken for granted.
4. For married couples whose budget is an issue? Try this. Drop off your kids at your parents/in-laws or any relatives house and go back to your home and MAKE LOVE. This time try to be adventurous as possible. You know what I mean guys!:)
5. For long distance relationship. There is no better way to express your love than “SAY IT WITH FLOWERS & CHOCOLATES”. Old fashion it may seem but it will always sweep any women’s feet, believe me.
6. Have a movie marathon at home. Prepare popcorn, chips or any movie house food alike and enjoy your day of being together.
7. Try Hiking and bring your camera! Have a photo shoot during your trek and upload it on any social networking site and caption every moment.
8. If you live near the shore and it’s warm, go for a walk. If it’s not warm? BONUS! Give her your jacket to wear for the date.
9. Serenade him/her (if you like to sing)! Express your feelings by singing like Jason Mraz and Kristina Perry for a night.
10. The classic picnic in a park and Go treasure hunting afterwards. There may be a bucket of gold stocked under a tree. Who knows!
The lists are endless. All you need is a creative mind and be a romantic geek for a day!
Stay in-love, it’s the greatest feeling any one could have.
More about Valentines, see History of Valentine Video below: