Category Archives: Lifestyle
While it is indeed amazing to go around the world to see the greatness of mother earth, it is a fact that traveling is an expensive interest. People who travel most are likely to be business men, entertainers, athletes and on careers that require them to have a trip every now and then. In those times, very few of them can mix pleasure with work. Lucky are those who fuse traveling and working like those people in media or travelogue magazine that features places and their interest. But still, it can be still considered as working.
At 42, I consider myself fortunate enough to travel on intervals school is off or my hubby would bring us along in his business trip locally. Who can’t refuse, right? On those, sprees we had I still think through myself an outlandish to our own country. Why? Because there are still places in which I find remarkable than other countries have. Our country is rich in natural resources, scenic views, gorgeous history, sumptuous food and great beaches not to mention the undeniable warmth our “kababayan” extend.
Here are places that can make your break unforgettable.
The Wondrous Palawan
Aside from the fact that it is the largest province in the country, the Puerto Princesa’s Subterranean River has been recently concluded as one of the 7 Wonders of the World. Palawan is very rich in natural resources. It has 15 lakes, 42 ponds, 44 water falls, 72 natural springs, 9 mineral springs, 43 streams, and 165 creeks identified as potential sources of water for domestic consumption and irrigation. It has also 8 of the 11 amphibians endemic to the Philippines are found only in Palawan. Indeed, a wondrous place to visit!
Bohol is one of the most visited places in our country. It has been quoted and chosen by couples as a place to spend passionately. Its main attraction is the Chocolate Hills that captivates tourist by its mystery and charm. Bohol is also the home of the tarsier, the big-eyed insect insect-eating primate whose size is smaller than one’s fist. Scientists regard the tarsier as the oldest mammal now inhabiting the earth. I may say that mother earth has a lot more to offer than just pleasure and thrill.
While most of the people in the city crave for some cold breeze environment and gearing up for uphill places such as Baguio and the Mountain Provinces, Tagaytay is their redeemer. Why not? If you’re living in Manila, Tagaytay is just a few hours to reach and few minutes from nearby cities. Aside from short travel, you can go there using various alternate routes to avoid road traffic. Cold wind breeze, copious restaurants and aromatic coffee shops, the sightseeing of the famous TAAL volcano is breathtaking. 🙂 Hotels are quite numerous as well and choosing an affordable place to stay is not a difficult task.
Cultures in Cebu
Known to Filipinos as the “Queen City of South”; It is also the seat of Christianity and was discovered by the Portuguese Explorer Ferdinand Magellan. To date, Cebu is considered as one of the busiest and improved city of the Philippines. Multi-national companies are continuously investing not to mention that Cebu also is the home of call center industry as locals are good in English language. Recently, a good number of Koreans are migrating there. Moreover, Cebu offers white-sand beaches such as the like of Boracay. There are also five star hotels to choose from and entertainment places are all over the place. It’s a city more than a province.
Boracay at its Best
Night life, Parties, Dancing, Island Hopping, Sailing and Windsurfing, Hot Spots. It is BORACAY at its best. Before becoming a Mecca for beach-lovers the World over, Boracay was solely inhabited by the Ati tribe. Now, Boracay holds the title as one of the spectacular island comparable to Bali of Indonesia and the Phuket of Thailand. With its powder-like form sand and charming coast, thousands of foreigner around the world are whooshing to appreciate this God-given gift to us, Filipinos.
Our country is such a wonderful place to explore. And if someone if someone asks me which country I can recommend for? I would still say, join me as I discover my homeland.
Aside from celebrating Valentine’s Day during the month of February, prom nights are also the prevalent affair students look forward to. Recently, even elementary pupils celebrate parties similar to prom nights of high school students. Universities and educational institution promote this event to encourage camaraderie. Others celebrate this for fun and fashion.
Girls are a much far excited than boys hence they really find time to choose for the perfect dress that can make them stand out amongst the crowd. A lasting impression is a MUST.
Being a mother myself, I find it challenging for a first timer daughter who will attend to such occasion. Good thing I have such great interests on clothing which help me identify things to consider on which attire to choose.
I am sharing you my personal thoughts on these.
- The right fabric- Silk or high quality silk is one. Aside from being soft, it also has a shimmer that enhances any kind of dress. Chiffon is another good choice. It has a quality of smoothness that adds femininity. Organza, Taffeta and Georgette are also recommendable. Try visiting your local market. There is always a store selling different kinds of fabrics, I bet.
- The appropriate design, shape and color- for children, it is easier to decide on color and shape as ages 7 to 10 years old are not much into figures. Girls on that age bracket prefer princess-like gowns. You can try princess cut dresses or the sheering and balloon skirt. Then add organza and galaxy fabric on the outer layer to add fullness on its design. I personally not endorsing suggestive dresses for children to wear as it give an impolite impression.
- The Embellishments- this is another important issue to consider especially if you decide to pick simple and ordinary fabric. However, embellishments can make or break your prom dress if you do not know how to use it as it should be. Embellishment can be sewn or pinned into dresses. You can choose from sequins, feathers, pearls, rhinestones, fabric flowers and crystal stones. You can also add ribbons as belts.
- Is it economical- most of the dresses sold from department store vary from Php 2,500 (USD 60.00) up to Php 5,000 (USD 120.00) depending on what kind of fabric and design being use. But on personal choice, I decided to buy own materials and have it tailored sewed for my daughter. There are seamstresses who does gowns and party dresses professionally. Imagine spending only Php 600 (USD 14.00) on materials and Php 350 (USD 8.00) for the service charge. If you do not have any idea on the design. Try looking at dress catalogues and have it imitate. Practical and economical, right?
- Is it re-usable for other occasion- I find it smart choice if you can re-use dresses as such for other occasion. It is a given fact that prom dresses are just one time attire. But for me I always give consideration on further enhancement or a little alteration later on. So it I always safe to have your design that can easily adopt on other occasion such as wedding, Halloween party, and other formal gatherings. 🙂
Upon considering above tips, I am pretty sure your little princesses will give you the warmest hugs and the sweetest kisses for having a perfect and princess like dresses.
Remember, every girl is a princess by heart!