Category Archives: Young Adult
Aside from celebrating Valentine’s Day during the month of February, prom nights are also the prevalent affair students look forward to. Recently, even elementary pupils celebrate parties similar to prom nights of high school students. Universities and educational institution promote this event to encourage camaraderie. Others celebrate this for fun and fashion.
Girls are a much far excited than boys hence they really find time to choose for the perfect dress that can make them stand out amongst the crowd. A lasting impression is a MUST.
Being a mother myself, I find it challenging for a first timer daughter who will attend to such occasion. Good thing I have such great interests on clothing which help me identify things to consider on which attire to choose.
I am sharing you my personal thoughts on these.
- The right fabric- Silk or high quality silk is one. Aside from being soft, it also has a shimmer that enhances any kind of dress. Chiffon is another good choice. It has a quality of smoothness that adds femininity. Organza, Taffeta and Georgette are also recommendable. Try visiting your local market. There is always a store selling different kinds of fabrics, I bet.
- The appropriate design, shape and color- for children, it is easier to decide on color and shape as ages 7 to 10 years old are not much into figures. Girls on that age bracket prefer princess-like gowns. You can try princess cut dresses or the sheering and balloon skirt. Then add organza and galaxy fabric on the outer layer to add fullness on its design. I personally not endorsing suggestive dresses for children to wear as it give an impolite impression.
- The Embellishments- this is another important issue to consider especially if you decide to pick simple and ordinary fabric. However, embellishments can make or break your prom dress if you do not know how to use it as it should be. Embellishment can be sewn or pinned into dresses. You can choose from sequins, feathers, pearls, rhinestones, fabric flowers and crystal stones. You can also add ribbons as belts.
- Is it economical- most of the dresses sold from department store vary from Php 2,500 (USD 60.00) up to Php 5,000 (USD 120.00) depending on what kind of fabric and design being use. But on personal choice, I decided to buy own materials and have it tailored sewed for my daughter. There are seamstresses who does gowns and party dresses professionally. Imagine spending only Php 600 (USD 14.00) on materials and Php 350 (USD 8.00) for the service charge. If you do not have any idea on the design. Try looking at dress catalogues and have it imitate. Practical and economical, right?
- Is it re-usable for other occasion- I find it smart choice if you can re-use dresses as such for other occasion. It is a given fact that prom dresses are just one time attire. But for me I always give consideration on further enhancement or a little alteration later on. So it I always safe to have your design that can easily adopt on other occasion such as wedding, Halloween party, and other formal gatherings. 🙂
Upon considering above tips, I am pretty sure your little princesses will give you the warmest hugs and the sweetest kisses for having a perfect and princess like dresses.
Remember, every girl is a princess by heart!
“It’s the lover not the love who broke your heart last night; it’s the lover not the love that didn’t work out right. So if you listen to your heart; you know it’s true; it’s the lover not the love who deserted you.”
Remember these lines from a song? They say that being in-love is the sweetest feeling anybody could have. Heart beats faster than the usual speed. You feel happier ten times the normal state. You can see rainbow even it doesn’t rain. There’s a magical feeling of simply being together. At times, you can do things beyond your limits. Impossible becomes conceivable. Right can be wrong and mistake can be right. You are being oblivious of important issues that need your attention the most as all you look forward to see that special someone who makes your existence full. Oh LOVE! 🙂 Who doesn’t want to feel it, embrace it, and indulge in it?
But what if the person you showered with love suddenly turn her/his back on you? Your world trembles. Hopes vanish. Loneliness creeps in. You swiftly become the person in your nightmare that you won’t want to be. You want revenge; you want to hurt the same person whom you pledge you’ll be spending the rest of your life with. You try to find answers behind those questions unanswerable. And in some point if your life, you unable to find reason to fall in LOVE again.
Unhappy, miserable, rejected, ill-fated; these are outlooks a person transmit when wounded.
Then you stop and began to realize. Every person will come to culmination; a point where you stand and walk forward. It is called moving on. To others it may be sooner. To some it will come later.
Then you will start pin your ears back to your heart once more. You will smile, get excited on meeting someone new, and will just shrug your shoulders every time you reminisce the past. You will become hopeless romantic all over again.
Because just like in the lyrics of the song; A heart in love can lose it is true. Don’t give up in time to find, the one who’s right will come to you. It’s the LOVER not the LOVE who deserted you.
Happy love month every- JUAN! 🙂
There are hundred ways to say I LOVE YOU. What makes it worse if there are still people who find it hard to express this feeling to others whom they feel important to them.
Some are just shy to express their emotions. Others are hesitant to show how they love as they see it as a sign of weakness. There are few who refuse to share what they feel due to rejection. Lucy are those who are being taught to be extrovert in expressing this feeling. But is not something you can tell just about anybody you meet :). To love someone is a special state of mind that don’t just happen in a snap of a finger. This feeling should be invested, nourished and should keep you inspired all through years of being together. Years later, it should be a moment that you feel good and proud of, not a memory that makes you cringe and one you would rather forget.
So how do you really tell someone that you love them? Sharing some points to consider which i have read sometime ago.
1. Don’t throw the word around
The first thing that you must be sure about is what love means to you. Some people tend to use the word in everyday conversation, as a casual expression; for instance, “Bye! Love you!” So if you’re one of those people, you will have to make a rather serious and special effort to actually portray your feelings of love when you intend to tell someone that they mean the world to you.
2. Appropriate place
This is a factor that will also depend on the person you are going to tell. Some people prefer having a personal communication in private and may freak out if you tell them that you love them in front of friends and other people. Others may love the thrill that comes along with a public declaration of love. Also make sure you pick a spot where you feel comfortable. The last thing you want to do is to feel rushed and harried while you’re about to say something so important.
3. Appropriate Timing
Timing is a very crucial factor when it comes to proclaiming love for the other person. You need to be absolutely sure about your feelings in the first place. Don’t confuse a crush or an infatuation with love and blurt it out because you couldn’t distinguish between heart and hormones. Other men thinks they already love someone by having a one night stand. Poor individuals! 🙂
4. Just say it
There is no easy way to do it. No shortcuts, no tonics, nothing to help you out. If you’re sure about your feelings, just go ahead and say it. Of course, do make sure you put in some thought behind how you want to go about the whole thing. Pick a romantic spot if you must, but what really matters is your intention. Say exactly what you want to say.
5. Love is a VERB; A VERB is an action word.
Therefore, if you say you love someone it doesn’t end by just saying it a thousand times. You need to take extra effort to express the reasons why you love that special person. It will not really matter even if you say those endearing words and take that person for granted specially in times you are needed the most. Love is learning your partner’s love language and then expressing love in a way that he/she can receive.
There is no way to tell for sure whether the other person reciprocates your feelings or not. However, life is too short to hesitate over such important matters. In the end, you do not want to hold regrets about the things you could not do. Not telling someone that you love them out of fear of losing their friendship is not the wisest of things to do. So just go and tell that special person how much they matter to you.