Tag Archives: help to choose a career
There are best practices when a graduating high school student choose his next path.
If you, your children or sibling is on their way to high school graduation, it is a best practice to start planning ahead how they are going to go further. An early plan gives you clear direction and it can bring you a lot of benefit.
It is important however to start first in finding out if you are definite that you will be a part of the graduating class. It may sound funny. But if you wanted to be confident that you will walk into the graduation rights, I would suggest that you spend your studying time properly.
When you are the person graduating high school, what would you need? Here is how you should to it;
- You will have to prepare the following:
- A working Pen
- A paper
- Other possible references such as a school prospectus
- Decide whether you wanted to pursue your studies on the next level, take technical or vocational course, or gain your experience in the field.
- If you are taking your studies to the next level, check your financial ability to support your studies.
- Make an specific list of your abilities and interest together with which you think you liked most and where you think you are doing well.
- Determine what career fields are available corresponding each interest you have listed.
- Ensure that you consider the length of time you need to spend while studying such field.
- Then go through your interest list and highlight the field interest that you think does not match your ideal length of time to be in classes. Again, in making this de-listing, you will have to acknowledge the amount of money required to support your studies.
- When you have made your field interest list short, make more research of the possible careers for each field interest left in your list. If your field interest is falling under Laws, then look into what possibilities of professional career is waiting for those people who have completed this studies. Find out what is the most appealing interest to those what you have listed.
- Talk with professionals and other people who have completed the said course. Find out why they have chosen the said career, what are their expectations, and what have they found out when they completed the studies. Look into how well they are doing with their current profession and look into what other jobs entails to that career.
- Use all the information you have gathered in making a good decision.
The most important in a person’s career path is attitude. Remember that the success or failure of one person is not the same as another. Our personal attitude plays a GREAT ROLE in our future success.