Tag Archives: party
Aside from celebrating Valentine’s Day during the month of February, prom nights are also the prevalent affair students look forward to. Recently, even elementary pupils celebrate parties similar to prom nights of high school students. Universities and educational institution promote this event to encourage camaraderie. Others celebrate this for fun and fashion.
Girls are a much far excited than boys hence they really find time to choose for the perfect dress that can make them stand out amongst the crowd. A lasting impression is a MUST.
Being a mother myself, I find it challenging for a first timer daughter who will attend to such occasion. Good thing I have such great interests on clothing which help me identify things to consider on which attire to choose.
I am sharing you my personal thoughts on these.
- The right fabric- Silk or high quality silk is one. Aside from being soft, it also has a shimmer that enhances any kind of dress. Chiffon is another good choice. It has a quality of smoothness that adds femininity. Organza, Taffeta and Georgette are also recommendable. Try visiting your local market. There is always a store selling different kinds of fabrics, I bet.
- The appropriate design, shape and color- for children, it is easier to decide on color and shape as ages 7 to 10 years old are not much into figures. Girls on that age bracket prefer princess-like gowns. You can try princess cut dresses or the sheering and balloon skirt. Then add organza and galaxy fabric on the outer layer to add fullness on its design. I personally not endorsing suggestive dresses for children to wear as it give an impolite impression.
- The Embellishments- this is another important issue to consider especially if you decide to pick simple and ordinary fabric. However, embellishments can make or break your prom dress if you do not know how to use it as it should be. Embellishment can be sewn or pinned into dresses. You can choose from sequins, feathers, pearls, rhinestones, fabric flowers and crystal stones. You can also add ribbons as belts.
- Is it economical- most of the dresses sold from department store vary from Php 2,500 (USD 60.00) up to Php 5,000 (USD 120.00) depending on what kind of fabric and design being use. But on personal choice, I decided to buy own materials and have it tailored sewed for my daughter. There are seamstresses who does gowns and party dresses professionally. Imagine spending only Php 600 (USD 14.00) on materials and Php 350 (USD 8.00) for the service charge. If you do not have any idea on the design. Try looking at dress catalogues and have it imitate. Practical and economical, right?
- Is it re-usable for other occasion- I find it smart choice if you can re-use dresses as such for other occasion. It is a given fact that prom dresses are just one time attire. But for me I always give consideration on further enhancement or a little alteration later on. So it I always safe to have your design that can easily adopt on other occasion such as wedding, Halloween party, and other formal gatherings. 🙂
Upon considering above tips, I am pretty sure your little princesses will give you the warmest hugs and the sweetest kisses for having a perfect and princess like dresses.
Remember, every girl is a princess by heart!